Hey guess what?! I got nominated for my very first award!!! Liebster award is one of the most interesting awards I’ve come across on my feed. Its always fun to discover new people and know them a little more.
Thanks a lot to Time on a mission (Kevin) and Quirkyabhi (Abhinav) , two of the most amazing writers I got to know through WordPress for nominating me for the award!
My most favorite blog:
The Honest Fabler has been my favorite blog since even before I started blogging on WordPress. His writings have been inspiring me to start a blog of my own. He’s a very talented writer with a creative lookout at various topics. He writes beautiful poems and short stories that will keep you hooked up for hours. He has even written a series on writing tips for budding writers!
The 10 facts about me!
- Ive been drawing and painting since i was a kid. Art actually is a family trait!
- I’m a conditional extrovert, I talk a lottt, really! But mostly only with people I feel comfortable with. I’m a little shy while conversing with strangers.
- I love food. And that better be as spicy as possible!
- So you must’ve guessed, Im am extremely moody. Its like I’m PMSing all year long!
- I love books!! Nothing better than coffee and books in winter! I’m basically a nerd.
- I’m more of a ‘deep talks with close one under the star studded sky’ person!
- I love travelling and exploring as much as I love art.
- I believe in making memories. That’s why I collect materialistic stuff like concert or travel tickets or even chocolate wrappers sometimes!
- I’m a procastinator. Blame my moods!
- I’m a feminist. An Indian feminist girl, thats pretty common.
Now since I got nominated twice, I’ll answer questions from both of them!
These are the 10 questions from Kevin :
1.Why do you blog?
I had always wanted a platform where I could display my art and get some exposure. My blog is a medium through which I share the art that I’ve taught myself as well as learn from other fellow bloggers. I’ve always been a reader, so it’s also fun to read the blogs that you guys write.
2. If you could have coffee with one person… who would it be, and why?
Sometimes there are people you could never possibly get bored of. I have such a friend (almost a family member) who I share anything and everything with. We’re more like soulmates! This question immediately made me think of him. Hence, him!
3. What is your favorite comfort food?
It’s hard to choose one. My favorite dish is chicken biryani, I think. But comfort food might be anything spicy (and unhealthy)!
4. What motivates you to get out of bed every morning?
Not every morning am I motivated, there’s just college to attend so I HAVE to wake up, you can’t really mess around with the attendance. But on a serious note, I think isn’t a new day in itself a motivation? An opportunity to get closer to your goal in life?
5. What is your favorite holiday, and why?
I don’t know if this question means holiday destination or an actual holiday. I’ll suppose it’s a destination. I have always wanted to visit Australia and it’s beaches.
6. What is love?
Love, I think is the purest feeling anyone can feel. The support and encouragement from a loved one can do wonders. The sole feeling that they’re there by your side is such a relief. Trust, care and respect are the three words that would define love for me.
7. What calms you when you’re stressed?
1. Music probably, as most of us would answer. 2. Sleep, yeah it doesn’t calm you down but it makes you forget worries for a while, so why not! And 3. Talking to my best friend, he makes everything seem easy and happy!
8. Which do you love more – snow or sand, and why?
Snow! As I already mentioned, I’m more of a spicy food and ice creams in winter kind of person. And I know this is silly, but my birthday falls in winter xD so yes, snow it is!
9. What is your greatest accomplishment in your life so far?
So, when I was in 8th grade, my school’s art teacher sent me to a huge pencil sketching competition. Kids from all over my city had participated. To my surprise, I won the first prize! The trophy still never fails to motivate me to draw. :’)
10. What do you believe is the purpose of your life?
This is a difficult question and deep too. I think I have a long way to go as an artist. I want to explore all possible kinds of art and learn and inspire others.
Here are the 10 questions from Abhinav: (I loved his questions, I might actually steal some!)
1. How would you describe yourself?
I think describing self is the most difficult task to do. I mean, we all are so busy judging others, and one fine day someone asks you to judge yourself. I would describe myself as “Just another girl having dreams to be a successful artist one day.”
2. If you had a chance to bring back one person from the past who would it be?
Now I’m wondering if I really need anyone from the past. If they’re not a part of my present, maybe that is meant to be. Yet, I sometimes miss this old friend of mine from high school. We were childhood buddies and then things somehow went wrong. We don’t talk anyone.
3. Which thing you hold dearest to in your life?
There are lot of things I kind of possess. Right from those previous chocolate wrappers to a deathly hallows locket someone special gifted me. But I think my phone and my diary would be the things I hold dearest. Because what’s more precious than your own feelings, right?
4. What’s your favourite alone-time activity?
Read! And it is okay if I shamelessly say “sleep”?
5. Would you rather slip back to past or skip your way to the future?
Never to the past. I believe in looking forward in life and planning a better future. What’s gone is gone and is never coming back. On a personal note, I so wish I skip to the part where I’ve graduated and I’ve my own money so that I can sit home all day and make paintings without worrying about studies!
6. Is there any regret in your life so far?
Nope. I’m very young to already have regrets.
7. Which side generally attracts you more-the good,happy one or the dark,evil one?
I’m not sure in which context this is but obviously the good, happy side sounds better. I’d definitely side with the protagonist of a movie rather than the villain (except if it’s a horror movie p.s. I love fictional ghosts)!
8. Which is your favourite quote?
John Green to me, is the king of awesome quotes! I love all his quotes. Here are a couple of them.
“It always seemed so ridiculous to me, that people want to be around someone because they’re pretty. It’s like picking your breakfast cereals based on their color instead of the taste.” -Margo Roth Spiegelman, Paper Towns
“Here’s to all the places we went. And here’s to all the places we’ll go. And he’s too me, whispering again and again and again and again: I love you.” -An abundance of Katherines.
“What is the point of being alive if you don’t at least try so do something remarkable?” -An abundance of Katherines.
9. Do you believe in the concept of ‘A Higher Power’ above all and it is looking after us?
Yes. I’ve been raised in a typical Indian family and so I believe in that one ‘power’ watching and protecting us.
10. Which is your favorite book/novel of all time?
Choosing one of so many amazing books out there is extremely difficult. Yet, Paper Towns by John Green has touched me the most. And then comes the evergreen Harry Potter series along with The Hunger Games!
I further nominate some if my favorite blogs for the award:
Questions for my nominees:
- How would you describe yourself in only 3 words?
- How would your friends describe you?
- Which is the most memorable day of your life?
- If you’re the only person on earth, what are the 3 things you would want to keep with you?
- Which is your favorite book/ movie of all time?
- Who do you admire the most? And why?
- Warm colors or cool colors?
- Are you happy with the gender you’re born in?
- What are you good at? (Other than writing, maybe!)
- Anything you would want to change about the society?
What is liebster award?
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers, whose work they find interesting, to motivate them and promote them as well. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here are the rules:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and posts a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award(image) on your blog.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- Prepare a new set of 10 questions you want to ask from your nominees.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.)
- Once you have written and published it, you then have to Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your blog or mine(they might not have ever heard of it!)
Have a GRAND day everyone! Lots of love!